Becoming A Cardinal
Prospective students applying to John Paul II High School should follow the process below:
Step 1: Select the Application below for the appropriate academic year:
- 2017-18 Application
Step 2: You will be directed to Ravenna to create an account. Ravenna Hub will serve as a user-friendly interface for completing the application steps that follow submission of our online application.
Step 3: Once you create an account with Ravenna, you will locate John Paul II High School in the Ravenna School Directory and click on the green ‘Apply’ button. You will be directed to our online application. Create a user I.D. and password that you will use for your child’s online application and, upon acceptance, the Cardinal Family online enrollment.
*Please note: you will have separate login credentials for our online application and Ravenna Hub.
Step 4: Complete our online application and pay the $100 application fee.
Step 5: Use your Ravenna Hub account to complete the remaining steps, outlined below..
- Submit to your school, the Request for Academic Records. Your school will need to send us the current report card, attendance, conduct records, and immunization records. Due February 3, 2017. No CONSCIENTIOUS EXEMPTION WAIVERS, on the basis of religious beliefs, are given in the Diocese of Dallas (Code 5024).
- Submit (2) Teacher Recommendations forms: Math or Science Teacher Recommendation and English or Social Studies Teacher Recommendation. Due February 3, 2017.
- Upload student’s hand written essay using the upload link on Ravenna Hub OR mail to John Paul II High School.
- Interview at John Paul II High School. We will host interviews on campus Saturday, January 21, 2017 and Saturday, February 25, 2017. You will register for your interview appointment online through Ravenna Hub. Students applying after the February interview date will be contacted to set an interview date and time.
- Take the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam). You can register online for the ISEE at www.iseetest.org. If you wish to take the ISEE at John Paul II High School, the test is offered on our campus the following dates (students who take the ISEE after February will not be included in the first round decision letters sent March 10, 2017):
- January 7, 2017
- February 4, 2017
The following is a checklist of all items that must be completed for consideration for admission to John Paul II High School:
_____ Online application submitted and $100 fee paid.
_____ Request for academic records sent to school.
_____ Recommendation request sent to English or Social Studies teacher.
_____ Recommendation request sent to Math or Science teacher.
_____ Interview scheduled.
_____ ISEE registration complete, sending results to JPIIHS (ID#447590).
_____ Student Essay uploaded to Ravenna or mailed to Admissions Office.
If you have any questions at any time during this process, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Admissions at 469-229-5195. We look forward to welcoming you to the Cardinal Family!